PINE RIVER SPORTSMAN’S CLUB RULES ®ULATIONS - 2022
2589 CARRIAGE LANE, P. O. BOX 73, ST. CLAIR, MI 48079
REVISED January 2022
- No alcoholic beverages on the grounds at any time (Hosted District 8 Shoot excluded).
- Membership dues: Dues are to be paid any time before the end of January. If they are not paid by then you will be dropped from the active membership list. There will be no notification by mail as to when they are due. It is up to the individual member to get their dues paid on time. The notice of the dues amount will be in the October/November newsletter.
- Old gate keys must be turned in before a member receives a new gate key. The locks will be changed in January. There is a limit of 325 regular members. All others will be put on the waiting list until an opening occurs. Wait list people are welcome to shoot when the club is open and members are present, with most shooting events.Gatekeys and the south club house door keypad code are for regular and senior members and cannot be given out to anyone.
- Meetings: Board Meeting – 1st Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. Membership Meeting – 1st Wednesday of the month – 7:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend. This is your club and your input is important to us. Please attend the meetings.
- The Club House will be open only during scheduled events. The only members with keys to the Club House is the Executive Committee as defined in bylaws, Article 4., Section 1. and others as voted by the board.
- Range fees for scheduled events: Trap Range, Skeet Range, Rifle/Pistol Range will be a present set fee.
- Shoot Times: Rifle/Pistol/ Trap/ Skeet Range – 9:00 a.m. until sunset (No Shooting before 9:00 a.m.). Trap Range and Skeet Range opens every Tuesday night from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. estimated time – refer to website for updates. The Archery practice backstop in the woods and woods edge north of skeet high house is open all daylight hours except for Tuesday evenings; they will be closed along with the Rifle/Pistol Range. No rifles, shotguns or handguns are to be used on the Archery back stops.
- DO NOT SHOOT at support posts or benches on the Rifle/Pistol Range and NO CONTINOUS RAPID FIRING of guns on the Rifle/Pistol Range.
- All rifles, muzzle loaders, handguns (pistols), air rifles and shotguns with slugs, must be shot on the Rifle/Pistol Range at the base of the backstop hill in the center of the target boards, with paper or cardboard targets only. Use of shotgun patterning shall be done on pattern board located north of the northwest trap field.
- No glass bottles, bowling pins, cans, etc. on the Rifle/Pistol Range or Archery practice backstop. Clay targets are okay if hung near the middle of the target board away from supports.
- Use of Human silhouette targets is forbidden. They can be used by authorized law enforcement agencies for training only and must be removed when finished.
- Rifle/Pistol Range time is limited to ½ hour per group when other members are waiting to shoot. This gives every member a chance to use the range during peak periods of use.
- The Rifle/Pistol Range is closed while Skeet field is in use.
- NO HUNTING is allowed on club property.
- No personal target throwing equipment on Skeet or Rifle/Pistol Ranges. Use north-east Trap Range north of the Club House only.
- Hunting Time – Archery October 1st and Fire Arm November15th. Rifle Pistol range closed.
- No loading or handling of firearms behind an established firing line. No horseplay of any kind on the ranges. Children must be supervised to stay behind an established firing line; best with 2nd adult present.
- CPL classes close down the club grounds 10:00 a.m. to approximately 2:00 p.m. or pre-scheduled dates. (Check newsletter calendar for dates – or check the website: http://pineriversportsmans.webs.com/
- All new members must have a rules orientation session before being issued a key. You must attend a meeting or make other arrangements.
- Clean up after yourself. Use the trash barrels provided by the club. Always conduct yourself in a sportsman-like manner. Lock the gate behind you.
- A member found in violation of any of the above rules will have to appear before the board to explain circumstances. Termination of membership could result. The club is security camera monitored.
- It is MANDATORY that all shooters, scorers, and pullers wear eye and ear protection while shooting. It is the responsibility of the parents/representative of the club that the juniors and/or sub-juniors are wearing proper safety protection while on the trap and skeet fields and rifle and pistol range as prescribed above. Any shooter not adhering to this rule will not be allowed to shoot until they comply.
- No dogs in clubhouse. Dogs outside of clubhouse shall be on a 6-foot leash during scheduled events.
BE SAFE and HAVE FUN
Please visit our website:http://pineriversportsmans.webs.com/
for updated information on club activities, calendars, pictures and upcoming events.